Pornography & Sexual Addiction Program for Teen Boys
Based on the pioneering work of Patrick Carnes, Pia Mellody, Claudia Black, Jon Bradshaw, Rob Weiss, Don Hilton and other professional clinicians who have researched this topic for over 30 years, the “Band of Brothers” group was developed for teenage boys who are compulsive in their use of pornography or other sexual stimulants. Our program teaches concepts of addiction and tools for sobriety and is superior to other interventions for three reasons:
- We have an established system for participants to track their growth in recovery
- There is a high level of collaboration within our program between therapists
- The program is regularly updated to reflect current science and research
We have a series of handout materials and progress achievements the young men utilize to learn about their compulsions. Our system has been polished over many years working with youth and is organized in a way that is fun for the boys. The young men progress through “Ranks”, and responsibilities and rewards are offered to help them maintain motivation. We employ a team of therapists who have experience with these complicated issues, and who have a good rapport with youth. Our specialists work together and regularly communicate about each young man. As a group, we also attend the annual LifeSTAR conference to review current research and trends within the field of sexual addiction. We then bring the latest science and current techniques into our group interventions.
A young man’s progress often depends upon his parents and families’ ability to make changes within the family system by adjusting dynamics or parenting techniques. As parental involvement is essential to their son’s success, parents are expected to learn and participate through family counseling and are required to attend monthly Parent Workshops.
Good recovery means more than simply NOT slipping. It means making internal changes. Young men must make changes inside themselves for lasting recovery. Most young men require 12-24 months to work through the program. However, we do not put time constraints on them or shame them if they require more time to gain the necessary skills. Growth is our main objective.
- Meets every Wednesday from 4:00 – 5:30 PM at Family Strategies.
- Youth must complete a counseling assessment prior to enrollment.
- Mandatory Parents’ Group meets the second Wednesday of each month at 8:00 PM (included in the monthly group fee)
- Cost of the program is $220 per month*.
- Additional needs for individual and family counseling are not included in the program fees.
VIDEO FOR PARENTS
VIDEO FOR BOYS
For more information, contact the group facilitators:
- Dr. Floyd Godfrey, PhD, LPC, CCS, CSAT-S: (480) 668-8301 ext. 1004 or email@example.com
- Erik Johnson, LMSW, CSAT-C: (480) 668-8301 ext. 1024 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nick Miller, LPC: (480) 668-8301 ext. 1027 or email@example.com
*We accept BCBS insurance. Deductibles, co-pays, and co-insurances may apply.