Is your teen boy facing challenges related to
compulsive sexual behavior and pornography?
BAND OF BROTHERS CAN HELP!
Family Strategies has two options for high school-aged boys to learn about addiction and develop tools for sobriety:
An onsite group therapy program or an education online class.
BAND OF BROTHERS
- Band of Brothers therapeutic group is held onsite at Family Strategies.
- Meets the first four Wednesdays of every month from 4-5:30 PM.
- Youth must complete a counseling assessment prior to enrollment.
- Required Parents’ Group meets on the second Wednesday of every month at 8 PM via Zoom. We’ll help you understand what your son is experiencing and how you can help.
- Group fee of $260 is due monthly, with a one-time non-refundable $100 registration fee. Some materials fees may apply.
- Click the button to register today!
BAND OF BROTHERS
- Begins May 1, 2023!
- Classes are offered via Zoom and are educational in format.
- These classes are not considered psychotherapy.
- Band of Brothers Class (Online) meets the first four Mondays of every month from 3:30-4:30 PM.
- Class fee is $80 per month. Classes are not covered by insurance.
- Class participants will need to purchase three workbooks. A link to buy will be provided with your paid registration.
- Click below to enroll in the online class today!
WHAT IS BAND OF BROTHERS?
Pornography & Sexual Addiction Program for Teen Boys
Based on the pioneering work of Patrick Carnes, Claudia Black, Jon Bradshaw, Rob Weiss, Don Hilton, and other professional clinicians who have researched this topic for over 30 years, the “Band of Brothers” group was developed for teenage boys who are compulsive in their use of pornography or other sexual stimulants. Our program teaches concepts of addiction and tools for sobriety and is superior to other interventions for three reasons:
- We have an established system for participants to track their growth in recovery
- There is a high level of collaboration within our program between therapists
- The program is regularly updated to reflect current science and research
We have a series of handout materials and progress achievements the young men utilize to learn about their compulsions. Our system has been polished over many years of working with youth and is organized in a way that is fun for the boys. The young men progress through “Ranks”, and responsibilities and rewards are offered to help them maintain motivation. We employ a team of therapists who have experience with these complicated issues, and who have a good rapport with youth. Our specialists work together and regularly communicate about each young man. As a group, we also attend the annual LifeSTAR conference to review current research and trends within the field of sexual addiction. We then bring the latest science and current techniques into our group interventions.
A young man’s progress often depends upon his parents’ and families’ ability to make changes within the family system by adjusting dynamics or parenting techniques. As parental involvement is essential to their son’s success, parents are expected to learn and participate through family counseling and are required to attend monthly Parent Workshops.
Good recovery means more than simply NOT slipping. It means making internal changes. Young men must make changes inside themselves for lasting recovery. Most young men require 12-24 months to work through the program. However, we do not put time constraints on them or shame them if they require more time to gain the necessary skills. Growth is our main objective.
For more information, call the Family Strategies office
at (480) 668-8301.
WHAT IS BAND OF BROTHERS?
INFORMATION FOR BOYS
WHAT CAN BAND OF BROTHERS DO FOR MY SON?
INFORMATION FOR PARENTS
FS Recovery App
by Breakaway Technology
Scan or Tap to Install
This simple recovery app is intended to assist those who are in recovery from sexual compulsions, or for those in a relationship with someone who is. It is not intended to be therapeutic, but rather a companion to your clinical work. Please seek professional help when needed.
*We accept BCBS insurance. Deductibles, co-pays, and co-insurances may apply.