The August 2023 Intensive is now full!
To be notified about 2024 dates, please fill out the interest form below.
Making Marriage Work
The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work is a marriage workshop designed for couples in committed relationships. This three-session group intensive aims to assist couples in understanding and applying successful relationship strategies learned by Dr. John Gottman from over four decades of research. In The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work groundbreaking group workshops, participants learn and have the opportunity to practice these success strategies in a private and safe setting.
What Will You Learn?
This three-day, 12-hour workshop provides evidence-based tools to help couples improve relationship quality and satisfaction. The group combines teaching and demonstration with one-on-one breakout sessions where you and your partner focus on your relationship. Couple practice sessions are aimed at:
- Developing skills in managing conflict constructively.
- Gaining skills for perpetual and solvable problems.
- Improving friendship, fondness, and admiration.
- Enhancing romance and intimacy.
- Creating a couple’s sense of shared meaning.
- Fostering respect, affection, and closeness.
- Building a deeper connection with each other’s inner world.
You and your partner will walk away with tons of tools to help you continue to practice what you have learned in the Marriage Works Workshop, including:
- Two copies of The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work Couples Guides (one for each partner), which includes:
- A copy of the book The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work
- Love Map Card Deck
- Open Ended Questions Card Deck
- Color handouts of The Sound Relationship House
- Color handouts of The Sound Relationship House Theory
- Color handouts of The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse
- Catered refreshments
- Aug. – Sept. 2023 Intensive is Full
- Workshop fee: $1098 includes all materials.
- One time, non-refundable registration fee of $100 will apply to the overall group fee.
- Workshops capped at 10 couples.
Is this Workshop for Us?
The Seven Principles Program is designed for couples in a committed relationship**, including:
- Pre-engaged couples considering marriage
- Engaged or premarital couples taking steps toward marriage
- Married couples
- Every phase of relationships from newlyweds to senior couples
- Those who wish to enhance an already good marriage or relationship
- Those needing better conflict management tools
- Those considering couples therapy but who may not feel ready for formal therapy
Gottman Trained Therapists
Family Strategies is pleased to bring this reknowned marriage intensive to our community. If you have any questions about this group, please contact our Gottman Trained therapist who will be facilitating this group:
- Eric Schultz, BHT, CSAT: (480) 668-8301 ext. 1014 or email@example.com
- Lisette Li, LAC: (48) 668-8301 ext. 1012 or firstname.lastname@example.org – Hablo español
**If you are dealing with emotional abuse, domestic violence, unwanted touch, or substance abuse, this class is not appropriate and you should instead seek individual or couples therapy, which we also offer. Call the front office at (480) 668-8301 to schedule.
If you are unsure if you should attend, contact us and we’ll help you to assess if this workshop is for you.
*We accept BCBS insurance. Deductibles, co-pays, and co-insurances may apply.