Concerned About Your Teen’s Screen Usage?
An all new co-ed therapy group, Power Down is designed to help high school-aged students tackle screen dependence. Does your teen:
- Struggle to put their smartphone down?
- Check in with TikTok, IG, or Snapchat every time they get bored?
- Compulsively game or watching gaming videos?
- Find themselves distracted with their phones while driving?
- Constantly shop online?
If your teenager exhibits compulsive behaviors toward social media, gaming, and general phone use, Power Down is the group for them.
What Our Teens are Facing
The average smartphone user touches their device 2,617 times a day, (excluding the ones performed when the phone is locked). Youth are continually “plugged-in” to social media and the internet. In one recent study, of those polled, over half of teenagers reported being addicted to their smartphones. Power Down aims to help combat the message inundating youth that says “influencer status”, “followers”, and “likes” are what determine their societal worth.
Family Strategies Can Help!
Using empirical research, specialized training, and a decade of experience, we will provide the resources to help guide your adolescent to a place of freedom from tech dependence. In Power Down, your high school-aged teen will explore feelings about current life stressors and develop methods for coping with them. We’ll discuss fighting digital dependence, developing healthy coping skills, appropriate social interactions, creating connections with other teens, and much more.
We are proud to announce that Family Strategies is the first counseling agency to offer a technology dependence group in the state of Arizona. Eric Schultz, BHT, CSAT, and Julie Young, LPC, CSAT, who lead Power Down, have both completed training through the National Institute for Digital Health & Wellness to treat tech addiction and screen dependency . We’re here to help!
- Begins THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 8th, 2022, at 4:00 PM.
- Meets Thursdays from 4:00 – 5:30 PM at Family Strategies (four weeks each month).
- Cost of the program is $250 for the first month, and $220 per month thereafter*.
- Each participant will receive a copy of “Facing Internet Technology and Gaming Addiction”.
- Once-a-month parent meeting included.
- Eric Schultz, BHT, CSAT: (480) 668-8301 ext. 1014 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Julie Young, LPC, CSAT: (480) 668-8301 ext. 1021 or email@example.com
*We accept BCBS insurance. Deductibles, co-pays, and co-insurances may apply.