Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I prepare for the group? Do I have to have read “Daring Greatly” or “Rising Strong” before the group begins? Can you recommend any additional ways to become familiar with Dr. Brené Brown’s work and research?
- No! Read the book if you would like to. It can help orient you to concepts in Daring Greatly™ or Rising Strong™ but you can definitely get plenty out of the group without a full read under your belt. If you are completely new to Dr. Brené Brown’s work, we recommend listening to “The Power of Vulnerability” (only available in audio format on Amazon) or watching her free TED talk “The Power of Vulnerability” and “Listening to Shame” (available online).
- What is the difference between Daring Greatly™ and Rising Strong™?
- Daring Greatly™ is a foundational understanding of shame, vulnerability, courage and what wholehearted living means. Rising Strong™ teaches these ideas and moves you through a specific story to help you understand and apply the concepts. You do not have to work the material in succession. If Rising Strong™ is of interest and applicable to you, you will not be “behind” in understanding important concepts behind authenticity, showing up, being seen, and living brave.
- Do you offer other groups? What types of formats are the groups facilitated
- The answer is yes! Angie facilitates 3 groups using Dr. Brené Brown’s curricula’s: Daring Greatly™, Rising Strong™, and The Gifts of Imperfections™. We currently are offering 8 Week Groups, 2-Day Intensives (Friday/Saturday, 9am-5pm), and Online.
- What do I bring? What should I wear?
- We provide you with a full, color workbook that you will bring each week with you. We will be doing some creative projects, but supplies will be provided. We recommend wearing something you feel comfortable in, as we will be sitting for periods of time and moving around a bit throughout the group. We recommend bringing a water bottle, but there is a water fountain by the restrooms. We will need a copies of the following items on the first night:
- Driver’s License/ID
- BCBS Insurance Card (if applicable)
- Credit Card Consent Form
- Consent for Treatment
- What if I don’t feel comfortable sharing or processing, do I have to?
- We will only encourage you to take risks that are safe for you. We understand that this may be difficult and will never require you to share more than you feel able to. We ask that you let your facilitator know how are you feeling. We are here to support you.
- Where is the group held?
- The group is held in a group room at our office at Family Strategies Counseling Center. We are on the 2nd floor and our office is just to the right as you exit the elevator. You can’t miss us! We are the furthest building north among the group of office buildings, just south of EOS Gym.
Our address is:
- When do we meet? Where do I go?
- The first night please take a seat in our lobby and we will come and get you. After the first night, you are welcome to go straight to the group room since you will know where it is! Please plan to arrive 15 minutes early the first night for any paperwork we will need filled out.
- What if I know I will miss a week? How can I make up the information?
- We understand you may have prior commitments and that life happens! The only option to make up the work would be to schedule an individual session with your facilitator. You can also utilize group members for help with understanding topics you may miss! In fact, we encourage reaching out to each other and building connection! Most of the work we do will be in the workbook, with some additional creative projects. We can provide you with instructions on what practice assignments we assign during the group for the following week. We can also keep you on track by providing what pages and topics of the workbook that we completed and went over. Please let your facilitator know if you will be missing a class or running late!
- What is the cost for this group? Can I use insurance to pay for the group?
- The cost is $600. This full payment (minus the $100 deposit) is due at beginning of the course. If you need to make payment arrangements, please contact email@example.com and we will do our best to work with your individual situation. We do accept Blue Cross Blue Shield (BCBS) insurance only. You are responsible for understanding what your plan does and does not cover. We can verify benefits upon scheduling but cannot guarantee your coverage until the first service is billed and returned to us from your insurance. We require a credit card to be on file for billing.
- How will I pay for group fees if I am using BCBS insurance?
- If your coverage is a deductible plan and you have not yet met your deductible, your card will be charged on the first day of each month until your deductible has been met. Once you meet the deductible, you will be charged your copay/co-insurance amounts on the first of each month FOR THE MONTH. BCBS CAN NOT BE BILLED FOR MISSED SESSIONS. YOUR CARD WILL BE CHARGED THE SELF-PAY RATE OF $75 FOR THOSE DATES MISSED.
- My BCBS insurance pays in full. Do I still have to pay the $100 deposit at registration?
- Yes, we do require all participants hold their spot in the group with the $100 deposit. If, at the end of the 8 weeks, your insurance has paid for all sessions in full and we have not used the deposit for any missed session(s) then we will be happy to refund your deposit after insurance has responded to all weeks.
- What if I don’t have BCBS and still want to try to be reimbursed?
- If you do not carry BCBS, you may be able to get reimbursed by your insurance, if your plan provides reimbursement for out-of-network services. Please contact your network to find out if you are eligible for reimbursement. Upon your request, we can provide a Super Bill, that will include the codes and information required by insurance companies for reimbursement of out-of-network therapy services. It is your responsibility to submit your receipts and obtain any reimbursement from your insurance company.
*Be sure to mention we are a licensed Outpatient Behavioral Health Facility through the State of Arizona when you call your network to verify your benefits, as it differs from general group practices.
**If you will be needing a Super Bill, please email firstname.lastname@example.org so we know to have that for you at the end of the 8 weeks.
- What if I can no longer attend or I need to drop from the group?
- Once registering, the $100 deposit is non-refundable. This guarantees your spot in the group. If you can no longer attend the group registered for and it is prior to the first group, you will not be responsible for the group tuition fee ($500). If you need to drop from the group after the first group, there is no refund. Up to the facilitator’s discretion, you may be allowed to transfer your registration to another group for attendance, within one year.